Tuesday 31 May 2011

Come along to the next Rally to show that Labor really does support equal rights.

Dear Andrew Leigh
I recently attended a rally for equal marriage rights here in the ACT.  Rallies just like this one have been occurring monthly in every State and Territory all across Australia. And although the numbers were small compared to others I have attended, I was as always inspired by the convictions of all of the people who were there.  
I cannot imagine what it must be like for many of these young men and women growing up in a society that judges you based on your sexuality and then imposes restrictions on your ability to make life choices because of this. 
I am a unionist and a feminist. I understand firsthand the challenges when fighting for equality in workplaces and in people’s lives.  I am proud and privileged to be part of this campaign for equality and I invite you on their behalves to join with us.
I reckon it would be great if you could come along to the next Rally to show that Labor really does support equal rights.  I strongly urge you to be that messenger.  
The next Rally is not too far away and your support will be another step forward in delivering equality to everyone in our community.

No comments:

Post a Comment