Sunday 29 May 2011

There are many voters who feel this way, I am only one.

Mr Leigh, 


I have a friend, a best friend, who has supported me greatly through the years that I have known him. 
I have laughed, cried and grown up with him.


 When my grandfather died, he, without question drove me 300km to my family, because I couldn’t drive myself, and because he knew I needed him. 


Some time in the future, when I have fallen in love, and am walking down the aisle, he will be there.
I want to watch him do the same, I want to see him declare his love for someone. I want to dance at his wedding.


My friend is honest, generous, intelligent and loyal. He also likes men. Why does that make things different? Why can’t he marry the man he loves?

I’m writing to ask that this be addressed, and that equality in the community becomes a priority. There are many voters who feel this way, I am only one.


Yours, 


Kimberly Barnes

No comments:

Post a Comment